The MDS iNET 900® is a long-range, high-speed, industrial, wireless IP/Ethernet solution. It allows customers to bring business information over Ethernet or a serial gateway and onto IP based networks. This includes mission-critical, revenue-generating data from fixed assets such as oil and gas wells, compressor stations, pipelines, fluid storage tanks and utility meters. It also enables mobile network access for vehicle based operation.
MDS iNET uses advanced 900 MHz FHSS technology for license-free operation in the 902-
928 MHz ISM band. It is capable of up to 60 mile range (line-of-sight)2 and up to 512 Kbps over-the-air data rate communications. This product is available for use in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D hazardous locations.
WHY USE AN MDS iNET WIRELESS NETWORKING SOLUTION?
- Longest range industrial product in its class. Providing lowest cost of ownership.
- Secure wireless operation with multiple layers of protection, including a 900 MHz physical layer, RADIUS authentication and RC4-128 data encryption with automatic key rotation.
- Reliable – Designed and built for low failure rates and reduced maintenance costs.
- Resilient – The P21 protected Access Point (a chassis housing two radios in a cold standby configuration) increases the availability of mission-critical point-to-multipoint networks.
P21 Remote stations can also be used to form protected point-to-point links.
- Flexible – The MDS iNET supports multiple users connecting to multiple applications via multiple protocols on the same MDS iNET unit or the same network – simultaneously!
- Future proof – The MDS iNET adheres to open standards, allowing it to interface with a wide range of external devices enabling both new and old technologies to communicate.
- Comprehensive Network Management – Compatible with MDS NETview MS™ and any
standard off-the-shelf SNMP management system.
• Long range – Up to 60 miles2
• High speed – Up to 512 Kbps2
• Secure – multiple layers of cyber- security including:
• RC4-128 encryption
• RADIUS authentication
• Ethernet and serial interfaces allow migration of existing serial devices to IP networks
• Industrial grade performance – UL Class 1 Div 21 & extended temperature range for extreme
• License free – deploy immediately
• Plug and play connectivity – configuration requires virtually no setup
• VLAN capability (802.1Q) allows multiple segregated data flows over a single radio